Wednesday, June 15, 2016
Detours and seven-year-olds
It's interesting now, reading back what I read last July. So much has changed and yet so much is still the same. I've been on that "detour" with God that I posted about ... It's been gut-wrenchingly agonizing at times, but again, He has brought so much good out of it. I still have a lot of unanswered questions in terms of profession/ministry. He did provide an incredible (very part-time) job for me this spring that I thoroughly enjoyed; praying about how He might want me to expand on that, and how He wants me to invest my time in general.
I've had a lot of minor health challenges over the past year. The MS-related ones have more been about medication side effects (tricky business!) than the disease itself, other than seasons of great fatigue.
The boys ... oh goodness, those boys. :) Seven. Years. Old. "They" aren't kidding when they talk about how fast it goes. Time speeds up as they get older; somehow their first grade year was only about a month long. ;) In the midst of all the bickering, arguing, at times defiance, etc., they are blossoming so much. They are both avid readers now. Gabe is all about reading his Bible, long after bedtime, and telling me the next day what he learned. As hard as it is--especially with us all adjusting to them being out of school for the summer!--what a privilege to be entrusted with these little lives. I think about my Siestas who prayed for me to conceive, and God gave us a double portion. Praise God! Then you prayed for my pregnancy, and my health, and again, praise God! It's been so long I don't know if any of you will come across this anymore, or new readers, but either way, thank you. Thank you for reading, for caring, for praying. Feel free to leave a comment sharing how God is working in your life and/or how I can be praying for you! I would be honored to do so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment