Saturday, December 1, 2007

An Update

I love our JennyHope! She saved my "lost" post! Thanks, Siesta!!

You know, I had a really good week. God helped me sail through my challenges (which, this week, all revolved around internship). My time of play therapy and art therapy with the little ones went well, as did my counseling sessions with new clients on Thursday. Thanking God for the opportunities and the blessings!

In answer to the beautiful Susan's question, my sleep patterns are just starting to improve. I met yesterday with my wonderful accountability partners for the first time in several weeks, and we talked about my sleep-pattern problems, which will especially be an issue the next several weeks as I am swamped with all the end-of-the-semester papers and finals. I'm thankful for their help and accountability. It's awesome having two counseling students as accountability partners; they're great at helping me come up with practical, workable strategies to address my issues, too!

And, in answer to the lovely Kate's question, TJ's job search is kind of at a standstill right now. He's applied at one church and is waiting to hear back, and asked for more info from the other church and is waiting to hear back from them as well. He's scoping out the job market in various strategic locations right now and will start applying to more jobs next month. Since we can't move anywhere till I graduate (we can leave town after I finish classes in May; leave the state after I finish internship hours which will hopefully, if a miracle happens be in August), he's holding off a little till he looks for more opportunities.

I've been feeling very blessed this week with God's provision. Finances have been looking bleak, but God's been sending us a little extra here, a little extra there, and mysteriously our expenses for the month of November were lower, so it looks like we can actually pay all our bills this month. We are truly thankful.

And now it is time to get back to working on my research paper. Take care, all!

3 comments:

Tam said...

There seems to be a common theme on so many blogs lately. So much going on. So much out of our control. Having to depend on the unseen (so to speak) trusting that something IS gonna happen. It;s like God has all of us in this trust and faith journey. He's up to something!

But I trust He will provide for you and TJ! I'm trusting Him for bigger things for you than you've even imagined!

Hope you're feeling well Faith!

Love ~ Tam

God's girl said...

Love to hear your updates!
Lifting a prayer!
Much love,
Ang

Susan said...

Just checkin' in on you, Faith. I miss you!
Love ya.
Susan