My baby is starting to look like a baby instead of a platypus!! ::dance of joy, dance of joy::
My goodness, Faith hasn't updated in a while, has she? Hope y'all haven't completely given up on checking my blog! But I am here, I'm back. Trying to prioritize and keep up with everything.
So far I've done the first three days of the "No Other Gods" Bible study and I am loving it! I asked my next-door neighbor (also pregnant, 24 days ahead of me) if she'd like to do the study with me and she said YES, so we are going to have a Pregnant Neighbors' Summer Bible study. Woohoo! The study author really recommends having food, mood music, and scented candles for each session. In our case, this means checking with each other before each meeting: "OK, what do you feel like you can eat today? How does ________ sound?" I still can't handle the smell of coffee, so that's out. Might be making a lot of summery smoothies!
I am also still trying to get a When Godly People Do Ungodly Things study going. I have interested people ... but have been stuck the past 4 weeks trying to find a set of DVDs to borrow! I'd appreciate prayer that we find a set so we can get this study started!
You know, I've recently had a little answered prayer. This might sound goofy, but ... As a child, I was very domestic. I totally wanted to have 12 kids, and although I hated the endless chores my mom had me do, I loved to cook and bake. Then somewhere in my early 20s, I became ambivalent about kids and started feeling like cooking was too much work (especially for one!). Before TJ and I got married, we followed our premarital counselor's advice to go through the list of household responsibilities and figure out who would do what. Cooking fell to TJ; cleaning and laundry fell to me.
Well, I actually started praying that God would help me enjoy cooking. It is something I want to start doing more, and I definitely plan to take on most of the cooking once I'm a stay-at-home mom. Well, it seems like God has been answering that prayer! I've slowly been getting more and more into looking for recipes and trying new things. (I think it helps that right now I have such strong opinions about food! ;)) I love it when God answers prayers like that. :)
In other news ... my darling TJ is in the middle of an intense 4 days of pastoral interviews with our church. They've been talking to him about the position--kinda casually--for several months now, and he'd had one phone interview so far with two elders and a pastor. But yesterday, tomorrow and Monday are the next three (and final??) stages of the interview process! I am involved in the stages tomorrow and Monday, so I would appreciate y'all's prayers for this process, that our Lord will lead and guide all those involved. TJ's still also in the very early stages of interviewing with two other churches, so we are praying God will prepare the way to wherever He wants us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey girl:)
Great to hear things are going well:)
We all have our seasons...
Anyway, yea, " WGPDUT" is a great study, I just got my workbook in the mail. I have the dvds, but only because a sweet blog siesta sent them to me:)
Maybe its just not the right timing...
Anyway girl, I hope you have a great one, and God bless you with your pregnancy, and also thanks for always coming over to bring a little sunshine to my blog:)
Love you!
I am so excited about your baby!!! try to post a pic of the ultra sound..auntie princess darla wants a peek. hahaha
that really is a good study...it has stayed with me for a while, and has helped me in my responses to when others fall or even when I fall...good stuff.
My kiddos loved icecream but only double fudge from a minute market that was 20 minutes away...usually late a night...good times!
Let us know how the interviews go! I'm praying for you.
I think it is awesome that you and your pregnant neighbor are doing the Summer Siesta bible study together! I'm doing it with a couple of my girls...NONE of us are preggers, fyi :)
Cooking...I still come and go with it. Shawn is our resident cook. And he's soon heading off to college so I'm not sure what we'll do. lol.
Loved hearing about all that is going on with you, Sweet Faith.
Hugs to you and your growing little one.
The study you are looking for sounds like one I'd enjoy too.
So excited that things are going well for the baby and you! No MS flare ups so far right :)
Good Luck on the interviews - how exciting for you and your hubby :)
Oh girl I am so excited for you!!! Lifting prayers! And NO I do not give up on your blog. I just keep checking back.
Much love,
Angela
Your idea for a pregnant women's Bible study is a fabulous idea. I can't help but giggle at your having to ask everyone what smells they can tolerate. Such oddities with pregnancies.
It was good to visit you again,
Nancy
How are you doing Faith? When is your next doctor's appointment?
Post a Comment