Hey y'all. HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!
I am getting very excited: Monday is my 12-week appointment where I will get to meet the OB and (we pray! :)) hear the heartbeat for the first time! I am very excited. I won't get an ultrasound until 18-20 weeks so hearing the heartbeat will be the first opportunity to confirm the baby's doing OK in there ... and also to make it all seem REAL. TJ is able to go with me, and for that I am very thankful.
Thanks for praying for TJ's interviews. I think they went well; time will tell, as apparently they really liked all three candidates and anticipate it will be a tough decision. They plan to decide within the next month, so we are praying for God's guidance for that decision-making process!
Well, we Pregnant Neighbors have had to switch Bible study topics: My neighbor couldn't get her hands on a copy of No Other Gods and not for lack of trying. We ended up deciding to do Living Free instead. I did it back in 2003 but am excited to do it again; she hasn't done any Beth Moore studies before. (She'd been turned off by Moore groupies but I'm glad she was willing to reconsider!)
God has definitely been using the internship hours/graduation issue to test my faith. Since it will be pretty much a race to the finish, I am staying in a state of humble dependence on Him! And trying to make sure my heart and focus don't get so focused on "baby, TJ's job search, internship hours and graduating" that I lose my heart for the rest of the world!
Ah, so I have a question for you all. I was involved in several stages of TJ's interview process, and at two of them I was asked a question along the lines of "How do you view your role as pastor's wife?" I'm curious how you all would answer that question! What do you see as the role of a pastor's wife? I'm excited to read your responses. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Do you mean " Breaking Free?"
I am doing " When Godly People Do Ungodly Things." Man, what a study..
Can't help with your question lol.
Come back to my blog, " Just some thoughts"
I need your help with something.
Happy 4th!
Oh girl things are coming right along! Yeah-Lifting prayers.
About the question-that is funny. I guess I would say support my man in his job. I don't know. What did you say?
Much love,
Ang
I'm glad you are doing well and I'm excited for you in getting to hear the heartbeat tomorrow!
I like Angela's answer. I think the role of a Pastor's wife is to support her husband and that would include praying for him and the congregation and a willingness to open doors as necessary, but also knowing when to have times of solitude like Jesus did away from the masses to refuel.
Faith,
It's been a while since I've taken time to keep up with my blogging friends. What good news for you and TJ! A baby, how exciting!
I'll check in from time to time to keep track of TJs job status and your little one.
Kate
I loved Living Free!!!!
I am so glad your friend is doing it. I have never thought about myself possibly turning someone off for being a groupie. Oh well
Post a Comment