It's been an interesting week. I was in a car accident last Monday with a friend. We're not doing too bad, considering it could have been much worse! But I'm sore, and on painkillers and muscle relaxers, and my friend's car is totalled. :( One benefit though is that the painkillers make my injections hurt less. ;)
Anyhow ...
I've started my internship at the new site. I really am in awe that it's real, that the ministry I've been training for has begun. It looks like I'll be seeing my first client next week. I'm excited but nervous at the same time; hopefully this will drive me closer to the Lord! I've been way too comfortable in the last few months, getting by on my own strength and that of friends rather than really relying on the Lord. I need to plug back into Him soon so He doesn't have to resort to drastic measures to get me back to full reliance on Him! What do you all do when you find yourself struggling with self-reliance, or just kind of "winging it" through life for a while with only superficial encounters with God?
Also, on Tuesday I am leaving for a conference back in my home state. It will be a great opportunity to learn about and network in the specialty I want to go into after I finish graduate school. I'm really looking forward to it ... though it's rough to be going alone, not really knowing anyone there, and being apart from TJ for 5 days! (I keep reminding myself I did manage to survive 29 years without him ...)
And you may remember that I recently posted about TJ missing an opportunity--that he'd heard about a ministry position that sounded like a great fit, but the position was filled right before he got his resume in. Well, people have contacted him about two other positions since then, both of which also sound like great fits. We're rejoicing that God is sending these possibilities his way before he's even started looking for a job! (We're planning to leave this area as soon as I finish grad school ... Lord willing.)
I'd write more, but I am distracted by the Colts game TJ is watching. ;) Thanks for taking the time to read my blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I am obsessively watching Wizard of Oz...2nd time today lol...
I pray all works out for you:)
My momma got a job teaching, without a degree...how awesome is that:)
God works in mysterious ways, just keep the faith girl:)
Love ya,
ang
I was just wondering about your health after your last comment on my page. Girl as far as self reliance. I just pray that God will make me hunger and thirst for Him and that I will hunger for time in the word. Also, I think for me if I get up and spend time first thing when my day starts I am more apt to have my ears opened and walk in the spirit. Today, I slept thru my alarm clock and had to rush to church before I could spend time with the Lord. I listened to a sermon while I was getting ready to focus my mind but I can tell it has really impacted my day. I have been so unproductive and etc. Thank you for your honesty and I am going to say a prayer for you! Love jenny
Have a great (and productive!) trip. Hope you and your friend are fully recovered from the car accident. Hugs, Susan
I love you Faith! Thanks for visiting now and again. Your comments are always sure to brighten my days. You're truly a special gift from God to me. Thanks for your obedience.
I'm hoping that while you're away for 5 days you can really just focus on the Lord too.
SO very glad the accident wasn't worse!!!
Yes, i battle with self-reliance. it is a daily struggle for me honestly...my flesh is always battling for the wheel!
Glad to hear you are okay. Lifting a prayer for you. I am so excited you are seeing your first client! What a neat thing. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you!
Much lvoe,
Ang
hope you had a good trip! waiting to hear all about it..love ya
Post a Comment