Thanks for your lovely reactions to my last post. :) It is fun to be able to share the news with a few good Siestas ... and hopefully before too long I will have even better news to share with you! Stay tuned.
The thing that's been rolling over in my mind the last few weeks is the importance of living life with an eternal perspective. Our dear JennyHope has a wonderful post on that this week. With all the things that I think and pray about--even "big" things like my MS, my desire for children, my education and career--they are really tiny things in the light of eternity. My story is just one teeny tiny subplot in God's Great Story. While that doesn't make us immune to the ups and downs of life (God created us with feelings, too!), it sure does help us to keep them in perspective. Easier said than done though! I'd love to hear y'all's thoughts on the topic. How do you keep that eternal perspective in the midst of the joys and challenges of life?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Consider it done. You will have my Wednesdays! That way I can cover you in prayer on Wed. and pray over Thur.
I love you!
Kara
I remind myself in the hard times that heaven is my home, and while I am here the bad is a result of the curse in Gensis. I get added joy and comfort just refocusing that there is a perfect place and one day I am going to be there and it waits for me...Heaven is my home, a little homesick sometimes, but glad this is not all there is to it! Remember when Beth said "Glad the Hokey Pokey is now what its all about?" I thought I would fall off my chair laughing and she said that in the middle of something really serious...that is heaven a light heart..never ending joy, no pain, and no tears..more than my mind can take it, but it excites me!
All I can say is, once a baby comes, you will find you won't have much time or brainpower to ponder such weighty issues anymore. So ponder away while you still can ;)
you are so sweet!
I was taking someone home tonight and we were talking about the strong human emotions that we have and how sometimes we are taught to suppress or deny them and that they will go away. She was really struggling over some areas of thought and I was telling her how I had to go to the Lord in process for about 2 years on a battle going on in my mind (over an old relationship) and just keep on in the word. I was sharing a more practical story about how finally through leaning on Him and because of His grace and the power of the holy Spirit He freed me. And that through clinging to Him He eventually changed my feelings.
All of this from your comment on feelings.
=) I guess I better go to bed if I want to be worth my salt in the morning with morg!
I really enjoyed reading your blog.. I found while reading some posts on beth moore's blog. I just want you to know that I will be praying for you and your exciting request! Just curious where are you studying for your masters degree?
reachsouthasia.blogspot.com
Eternal perspective is hard at times. You must realize how short and fleeting life is and then retrain your mind to stay focused on God. Stay in the Word. Pray continually and remain thankful for all things.
Much love,
Angela
That is an intriguing question. I think I try all the time to remember that this life I live on earth will only be a speck of time compared to the time I will be with my Father. We are human adn our flesh does take over sometimes and that is when I try to remember who do I serve God or the world? I love this question and will have to ponder some more while I am alone and see waht God wants me to do during those times.
To totally trust that God loves me, no matter what. Conversing with Him, letting His Word soak in. Drawing really close to Him in the up times in life, so that He is more able to sustain me in the down times. Being consistent in the up times, makes it easier to keep close to Him in the down times. Realizing that He chose me, to love me, in this time and place. In each circumstance I find myself in, He already knows, He has the strength, I do not. Trusting Him.
I love in John 9 where it talks about the child born with an ailment. They asked if he was born that way because of sin in his family. Was he being punished? NO. It is so GOD can reveal Himself through that person. So that HE can be seen powerful.
So when life gets heavy and i am dealing with my own ailments, I remember this - and think, Lord, I am honored that you see me fit to work through me weaknesses like this! Praise YOU!
Great question about keeping eternity in focus through the tough times here on earth (my paraphrase). Have you read any books by Randy Alcorn or checked out his website - www.epm.org - his ministry and books focus on eternity.
My answer would be to stay so close to God that the trials of earth don't matter. If we are constantly seeking HIM, HE will give us strength and renew our spirits and help us to be HIS witness to a hurting world during our times of trial.
Praying that you conceive soon! Children are such a wonderful blessing!
Post a Comment