Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it

OK, I was going to hold off on posting this here until a certain South African friend called me so I could tell her personally, but I can't wait any longer or I will burst ...

Last Wednesday, in the middle of finals week, I took a different kind of test ... one which resulted in two pink lines! (Confirmed by the presence of lots of nausea and food aversions and cravings over the past week!) That's right, friends: TJ and I are expecting a little one in January!

Thank you all SO much for your prayers! I am still amazed, overjoyed and blown away that God has blessed us with a new life, and in the exact timing I had been praying for. This is wonderful timing for many reasons, especially that it was just in time for me to be able to tell my parents in person when they were here for my grad school graduation. :)

The words running through my head that morning after seeing the results were Mary's Song:

"My soul glorifies the Lord
47and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
48for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant.

From now on all generations will call me blessed,
49for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
holy is his name.

50His mercy extends to those who fear him,
from generation to generation.
51He has performed mighty deeds with his arm;
he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
52He has brought down rulers from their thrones
but has lifted up the humble.
53He has filled the hungry with good things
but has sent the rich away empty.
54He has helped his servant Israel,
remembering to be merciful
55to Abraham and his descendants forever,
even as he said to our fathers."

TJ is thrilled, too. And now praying all the more fervently that one of his new jobs comes through quickly, because his current job has us on a very tight budget! (Yes, tighter even than on a pastor's salary! ;)) So please pray with us for God's provision as well as for the health and safety of the three of us. :) My 45% chance of miscarriage is a sobering statistic ... yet I praise God that He is bigger than any statistic. It is He who gives and takes away; blessed be His name.

Edited to add: For anyone who's new to this blog, I wanted to explain that, while a pregnancy is certainly thrilling for its own sake, there was a reason we were praying extra-hard this would happen soon: I have multiple sclerosis (MS), and I had to stop giving myself daily injections of a preventive drug for MS while trying to conceive (and I also need to stay off the drug while pregnant). Pregnancy actually has a protective effect against MS, but while trying to conceive, my health was at higher risk of another MS attack since I couldn't do the injections.

13 comments:

Susan said...

Yay! I have been checking regularly for just this announcement! Praying for you!!!!
Much love, Susan

Darla said...

I am so excited for you!!! Congrats!!I am lifting a prayer today for TJ's job situation..and for you and baby's safety..55% is bigger than 45% and GOd is bigger than all of it! Look at Abram and sara...talk about statistics being against someone! :) Very good news...God is so good! Love you Princess!

Unknown said...

YAY!!! YAY!!! YAY!!!

I know your miscarriage stats are pretty - but God is Higher - all we can do is trust that His will be done!

and WOW - that didnt take you two long! Good Job ;-)

Faith - I am SO excited for you guys!

Lord, you already have a plan for this young one. You have for all of time. Thank you for allowing Faith the honor to carry part of your creation inside her. I'm asking for strength, good health and a blessing over this pregnancy! And provision and guidance to the perfect job for TJ. Thank you Lord that we can all share in this together!!

Anonymous said...

I read on Tam's blog to come over...Congratulations!! God is good. He is knitting away inside of you - how cool is that!!

Kara Akins said...

My soul too glories the Lord and I am rejoicing in God our Savior. He has done great things and we are filled with joy! He is mindful of those who look to Him. Every day of that little baby is already written in His book.

Father,
You are the One who establishes things. If you establish a thing who can reverse it? There is no one as mighty as you. You are mighty to save. Your eye is upon all the things you have made. You speak life and life is formed. You bless it and it lives, it thrives and it reflects your glory, your goodness and your mercies. You can hold anything. Nothing can be snatched away from your hand. Father, hold this child. Hold this child in your unfailing love. Send your mighty angels to guard over this precious life. May this child be surrounded by angels just as the mountians surround Jerusalem. Lord, may you yourself be a shield round about this baby. You search out the things of deep, things that are too lofty for us to realize or understand. Search out every detail regarding this child's life. Be attentive to the deepest of things, the things we don't even know to ask for or pray about. Father, we ask that you begin right now to move mightily through this child that reflects your promise. We ask that just as John the Bapstit was filled with your Spirit from the womb, we ask the same for this child. Fill this baby up with you. May this baby radiate you. May the words of this childs mouth always be pleasing in your sight. May this child's footsteps be directed by you. May your goodness always go before this child and may your glory be his/her rearguard. May this child always hunger and thirst for you. May he/she always long to follow hard after you all the days of his/her life. Father, speak life ove this family. May they be surrounded by your favor both now and forever more. You are able to do it. Our eyes are upon you - the One who is full of wonders. Your goodness knows no bounds. Who can fathom the works of your hands? We stand in awe of you. We stand in awe of what you want to do through your people, who are only dust. Fill us with your praises so we can declare the goodness of your Name. Give your servants boldness and the words to say that we can always give an answer for the reason of our hope. You are mindful of the weak. You do not despise those who desperately need you. You are mighty to save.
Amen

Faith, I love you. I am so happy for your family. I expect God to show you the same endless mercies that He has shown to me because I had need and I cried out to Him. He always hears us when we cry.

All of my love,
Kara

Amanda said...

Praise God! That is so, so exciting!

About Nancy said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I feel as though I just walked into your home and overheard a private announcement. But, since I am here, congratulations!

May the Lord bless you and your family abundantly.
Blessings,
Nancy

Psalms 139:13 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb."

Abbey said...

Been following your blog... Congratulations!! What a tremendous blessing!!

mandy said...

oh wow.
this really is exciting! congratulations!!!

Jill said...

Congratulations!!!
Praying for a healthy pregnancy for all.

Robin said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm so excited for you! On May 31st I'm sharing a conversation between my two children from two years ago and then some more!

jennyhope said...

Yay i AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! I will pray about this sweet one. Lord, please bring this child to full term. Please give them both peace as they embark on this journey together. Please heal sweet faiths body so she can go through this pregnancy with ease. Please take away any anxiousness.
Hey, also they have a generic Zofran for nausea. IT is amazing.

God's girl said...

Oh MY! I have certainly taken way to long for getting back here. I am SO excited for you. Yeah God. I am lifting a prayer and will ask God to keep you on my mind to pray. How very exciting!!!! Keep me updated okay.
What a blessing.
Much love,
Angela