Hard to believe I started "The Great Adventure" one year ago today! If I go back and read through my first posts from a year ago, it's amazing to see what a completely different place I was in then. A sad and scary place--yet one fringed with hope and glory. Still wrestling a good bit with God and with the uncertainty of my then-recent MS diagnosis. He has brought me through so much in the past year! Last spring we were rocked by my diagnosis and researching MS drugs; this spring we are celebrating the creation of a new life and researching birth plans, baby names and baby gear! Hopefully the doctor's visits this time around will be a lot more joyful and less sobering!
And you, my dear readers, have been an important part of that journey. Creating this as a mostly-anonymous blog gave me the "safe place" I needed then to vent my feelings and share my heart with people I didn't yet know in person ... so if reactions were less than sensitive, they wouldn't hurt as much. And I have been so blessed by getting to know you! Your encouragement and prayer support have meant so much. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, to leave comments, and to pray for me. I love and appreciate each of you!
P.S. Is it just me or does the baby in my little "Six Weeks Pregnant!" box (see left sidebar) look like a little platypus right now?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi Faith, Glad to join you in your journey now :) God is so good!
Yes, I have to agree with your view of the baby picture :) I thought my first sonogram looked like a bean or maybe some fuzz. It's amazing how just a few weeks changes everything. From 7 to 11 weeks my sonogram changed so much. It went from looking like a bean or something (my kids said the pictures in the book look like monsters) to looking a lot like a human skeleton. Wow! Psalm 139:13-16!!!
Tomorrow I have another sonogram. 13 weeks now...
I'm celebrating your baby and your blogoversary! Yea!
Congratulations! It's amazing how much can happen in a year.
um. yes. it does look like a platypus. po thang! is that what we refer to as a "face only a mother can love"? hehehe!
happy anniversary! life sure has changed a lot eh? wow. what a journey you've been on and what a most beautiful time it is now!!!
What a precious blog. You certainly have come a long way in a year and I trust you will grow abundantly in the coming year.
May the Lord bless you and your family this year!
In Him,
Nancy
Hi!
One year, huh? Congratulations! And what a journey you had. Keep walking...
~Sherma
http://brainteaser.wordpress.com
Post a Comment