that God decided I'm a little too addicted to trying to control things in my life. So much in my life is out of my control right now. And they are really important things--related to my babies, my health, and my career--things that it's normal to want to control. And easy to justify, "I'm just trying to be responsible" ...
but, for whatever reason, I'm in a season where several major things just are not going smoothly, despite my prayers and my best efforts. I keep encountering roadblocks, confusion and frustration. And this refining process brings to light what's really going on in my mind and heart--things that are easy to hide or ignore when all is going smoothly.
I guess the writing style of this post reflects that--it's not smooth or polished. It's not controlled. The author desperately needs a nap. ;) And she needs to spend some time just relaxing in God's presence, breathing Him in and resting in Him. Thanking Him for being the blessed Controller of all things, the King of all kings and Boss of all bosses.
And then she needs to keep walking. Still doing her part, doing her best, but using those anxious and frustrated thoughts as reminders to turn to her Father, in prayer and surrender, in humility and in faith. He is in control, and He is good. (Amen?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Amen!
You need to go easy on yourself too...the end or last couple months of pregnancy are the most trying..they babies are getting heavy to carry on the hips, they are draining your energy, and lets just face it pregnant women sleep alot :) love ya, and praying for you to get some rest, and some time to lay at HIS feet, HE knows all and sees all. HE loves you bunches!! and so do I!
Hi Faith - I so hear you!!!! Great post - very insightful!
I'm so tired - with 12 days until my due date and lacking solid sleep for the last few months... BUT I'm so excited and can't wait to meet our baby and figure out it's name. We have a boy and girl name, now just to know which we will be using...
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. We aren't going to have a Thanksgiving meal until after the baby is born. With my back hurting and feet swelling I figured it would be best to take it easy until the baby comes and cooking for hours on end and then cleaning doesn't seem like a good plan. I'm not sure what exactly we are going to do on Thanksgiving, but my husband is scheduled to work a double that day anyhow. So me and the kids will hang out at home, but not sure what we will eat yet.
He IS good. youre right.
you need to get your rest. lots and lots of it. at least as much as you can. be not weary. be still and know that He is God.
Lifting prayers sweet friend! You are such a blessing. Hang on tight to HIM!
Much love,
Angela
Post a Comment