Thursday, December 4, 2008

Well, since I last posted ...

I have seen God at work in a number of situations. Several of the items of frustration have worked out beautifully, and others have taken promising turns. And more importantly, I've seen God work through the challenges to wake me up a bit spiritually. For that, I am very thankful. He has worked through your blogs to do that, too! Although I may seem to participate a bit sporadically in the Siesta blogosphere, it is definitely a source of true blessing, encouragement and conviction in my life.

In baby news, I am now just over 33 weeks pregnant. Amazing! These babies will be here before we know it! (Hoping they stay in at least until Christmas, and even then they're only allowed to come out if their little lungs and other systems are ready for it! ;))

I also found out this week that the risk of getting an MS attack spikes two weeks postpartum and then drops off after that. I can't take my preventive injections while breastfeeding, so I have a choice: Formula-feed the boys from the get-go (or perhaps "pump and dump" while doing the injections the first month and then try breastfeeding), or breastfeed that first month and accept the risk of an attack. I have tentatively chosen Plan B, but I'd appreciate prayers for confirmation--that TJ and I will both be at peace with it, or have the wisdom to change course if that's what's best.

My MS specialist and I came up with a tentative plan that I'll have an MRI one month postpartum and if it's clean, I'll continue breastfeeding for six months and then go back on the meds. If it shows the disease is active, I'd switch to formula-feeding. Breastfeeding is something I'd really love to be able to do for my babies as long as possible, provided I am not putting my health at too great of a risk. So prayers for protection from MS attacks (along with the wisdom, peace, etc., that I mentioned earlier) during the time I'm off the drug would be much appreciated. :) [I have been off the injections since February, when we decided to get ready to start a family. Pregnancy has a protective effect against MS though, so this has been a relatively safe time for me. And a wonderful break from the injections or even thinking much about the disease, I might add!]

5 comments:

Kate said...

Wow. I can't believe the babies are almost here. I'll certainly be praying for your medical decisions. Hope you are enjoying the Christmas season. I was pregnant with my first during Christmas...it was a special time. (That is until the child who was due on the 19th didn't make his appearance until the 29th.)

Kate

Anonymous said...

amazing how GOD made our bodies to be so resilent during pregnancy. I did not need any over my allergy meds or asthma meds while pregnant, and wondered how that worked..however I needed it all within two weeks of the baby being born..but it was still an awesome thing to be off it for 9 months!

Praying for you to know what to do..take care of your self...love you Prin...I am excited too ..can't wait to see the babies..hahaha well pics!

Susan said...

So what you're saying is you're going to stay perpetually preggers? lol

I tried that for two years...trust me...it's difficult!

Robin said...

Hi Faith - Wow! I'm so excited for you! Your sweet boys will be with you before you know. My little angel is on my lap now as I type. You never get over the wonder of babies.

I'm a bit confused with you email address -maybe my eyes are blurry or something... but I was not sure about some of the dots...

I'll send a picture as soon as I get it figured out...

I'll be praying for you and the breastfeeding situation. I see your delimma - praying God gives you peace about the situation.

I was pregnant with my firstborn at Christmas and I had my son before Christmas and this newest bundle before Christmas. They all make the holiday so special. Babies and pregnancy around Christmas always takes me back to the story of Jesus birth - what a wonderful reminder...

God's girl said...

Oh girl, I am praying for you. God will show you the right things to do. Remember either thing formula or your milk will be fine. God knows that too. Just lean on Him.

I just know He will give you great peace.
Much love to you sweet girl,
Angela