Thanks so much to those of you who have been praying me through this pregnancy (and before!). Hard to believe the end is in sight, but I'm actually just one week away from the average gestation for twins! Not sure how long they'll hold out in there, but we are praying we make it to at least 36 weeks ... and at this point, I'm hoping I don't go much past 37, because that is full-term and I am feeling ready to be done being pregnant!
The past week and a half has been tough. I'm on modified bedrest now. It's tough being so dependent and having to add to TJ's burden when he is already swamped right now with work and all his regular responsibilities and all the baby stuff (putting the crib together, installing carseats, all that good stuff). But God has blessed me with good spirits and has given us a very loving, supportive church family. Praying that TJ will have good health through it all, since so much is on his shoulders right now; he's been having some weird dizziness off and on lately, which is really unusual for him. Praying it clears up and is nothing serious!
It really is awesome to be preparing to celebrate the birth of our Savior while I anticipate the birth of our two precious boys. This year as we read the Christmas story, I can identify with Mary in a whole new way! Though I will miss being able to attend the Christmas Eve service this year (due to the whole bedrest thing), I plan to have a special time on my own of reading and reflecting on God's amazing gift to us--both as humankind and me individually, from salvation to all the ways He has blessed me, especially over this past year. And I will take all these things and ponder them in my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Awwww :-)
I remember reading the CHristmas story right before my son was born...and after he was born, I thought of lots of things I want to talk to Mary about...like sitting alone with him at that first feeding and counting his toes, or listening to him breathe..I believe she did all those things I did, and that you will do...
Praying for your delivery, and thanking God for giving you these babies..and your health..and for TJ ...he is a sweetheart! Love you both!
Faith,
We are all so excited about those babies. For eternity they will mean so much to me because I know the Lord gave me and so many others the precious grace to pray for them. God went beyong all expectations to say the least.
I am no doctor but the dizziness may very well be the fact that twins are coming any day now! I'm kidding but I could only imagine how you two must feel.
May joy be yours in the fullest measure. Though everything will change and you won't get much sleep, I pray that every moment can be savored for what it is - a blessing of the greatest kind.
Please get rest when you can and don't feel guilty if you have to nap as much as those newborns, after this pregnancy you deserve all the snoozing a momma can get. Pace yourself. Every difficult stage is simply a stage and will be over soon enough.
I am so glad to have crossed paths with you. If you knew how much a love children, and twins at that, then you'd realize the incredible blessing God has given to me to witness His glory in this.
Praying for you!
Kara
Girl, you are in my prayers! I am so excited for you and cannot wait to see the little ones!
Yes, can you imagine riding on a donkey right now making your trip to Bethlehem-sleeping on the ground and all?
Merry Christmas!
MUch love,
ANgela
BTW-the MRI was clear so that is a HUGE praise. Due to my repeated Optic Neuritis and neurological symptoms there continues to be a suspision of MS but a clear MRI is a good sign.
Hope all is well Faith! How exciting as you said to anticipate the birth of your boys at the time we celebrate the birth of Christ.
It's also neat to hold a newborn babe around this time of year. Babies are such treasures! I'm holding my little angel now as I type.
Merry Christmas!
are they here yet?? I am soooo excited. LOL precious..praying for you princess and those babies, and of course TJ.
Is TJ's dizziness not jetlag?? (Just kidding. Inside joke.) Now that the boys are almost here, I hope their dad's feeling much better! Praying for you, friend.
Post a Comment