Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Mix

Dear Siestas, Traveler, TJ, and anyone else who may be reading ... sorry for my sporadic posting once again. Life has been full lately ... with an interesting mix of things:

* A delightful visit from family (including my adorable niece!)
* Ongoing challenges with the difficult situation I mentioned earlier with my internship site. My fellow interns and I really need prayer to know how to handle this situation with wisdom, godliness and grace. And we may even need some divine intervention if we are to get out of it--which is seeming may be the case.
* A dream come true: I just got offered a second internship position, this one in the exact ministry setting I feel called to! I'm so thankful and excited ... and full of nervous anticipation. This ministry strives for excellence, which is my passion as well--but also a challenge for a novice like me! I will be counseling people one-on-one, so please pray for God to bring me the people He wants me to work with, and prepare us for each other.
* Struggles with lack of focus ... in everything from quiet time to homework.
* A big disappointment for TJ: A friend had recommended him for a position that seemed perfect for him. TJ had been setting aside free time all week to prepare his resume ... only to find out tonight that the position was just filled. Please pray that God will put him in a position that's just right for him, in His timing.
* Sweet fellowship with some dear sisters--girls I'm interning with as well as girls I'm mentoring.

So that's what's been up with me lately.
Question for my readers: What do you do when you struggle with lack of focus/difficulty concentrating in your devo time?

5 comments:

Tam said...

YOU'RE BACK, YOU'RE BACK, YOU'RE BACK! YAY! I JUST CHECKED HERE ABOUT AN HOUR AGO AND NOW...YAY!!! Ok, so I'm a bit happy!

I'm just glad to read that nothing has been bad with your health! Right???

Girl, focus? What's that? I think it's getting worse for me as I get older. My focus problem is due to a lack of schedule. When there is chaos around me - I can not focus...period! In fact, I've decided that in order for me to start writing again for me my book I'm gonna have to leave my house and go to cafe to be alone and away from laundry and housework. Of course, I'll have to "schedule" that in... ;)

So glad you're back!

God's girl said...

So good to hear from you! I was hoping you posted when I saw your comment and yes you did!

Focus, huh? I think the only thing that comes to mind is just keep pushing forward. Make God a priority and see to it He is. Hope that helps some.
Much love,
ANgela

Kate said...

It sounds like your life is SO FULL and busy right now. I'm glad to hear about your second internship.

Kate

Anonymous said...

set everything aside for a couple hours and get away from it all and go out into nature...my cathedral. :) my old "new" favorite spot...a place that overlooks the dam outside of my town that is in the woods. perfect with rocks that are quite "cozy" and its very peaceful. i can stay there for hours at a time. but it helps.

Tam said...

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving friend!

Hope you're well and healthy!

Have a great day with your family!