Thursday, July 12, 2007

Digging on Jesus

I have been tagged by Darla, one of my Siestas (Sisters) from the LPM blog, to share five things I dig about Jesus. Here goes:

  • I feel like I'm stealing from Darla, but I do so love and admire and adore His servant leadership. The way He cooked fish for His disciples ... washed their feet ... LAID DOWN HIS LIFE FOR US!! The Servant King. Truly incredible.
  • He's got that incredible combination of "tough" and "tender" that I think we all crave.
  • I love that He was never afraid. He never let worry or anxiety get Him down. Never worried about what people would think or what the consequences would be; He knew what He was doing, and He had confidence in doing His Father's will, even though He walked in vulnerable human flesh.
  • His STRENGTH IN SURRENDER. I don't know what you all thought about the movie The Passion of the Christ, but that is one thing that just struck me so powerfully: He was totally devoted, committed, to obeying His Father, surrendering to Him despite wanting this cup to pass from Him ... and yet He was STRONG in that surrender. Persevering, faithfully pressing on despite the beating, the crown of thorns, the desertion, the betrayals. I so adore Him for that.
  • His compassion. I love how--as our dear sister Beth likes to point out--He was able to confront the woman at the well with all her sins, the thing she was most ashamed of, and she was JOYFUL! He can come face to face with me in any area, even things I'm most ashamed of, and lift my chin up, lifting me from that shame and giving me the confidence and purity and dignity and grace and strength that come as being part of His family.

Thank You for tagging me, Darla; my heart was truly encouraged by bragging on my Jesus for a bit. :)

3 comments:

sammie said...

Strong in the surrender. Words to live by. I knew you had great things to offer.

Faith said...

Thanks, Sammie. :) Wish you had a blog that I could look at and leave comments on! :)

Darla said...

loved your brags on Jesus, and it does always seem to lift us up, when our focus is HIM. I am checking on you! Hope you are having a good week, Princess to Princess, mw