Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Our Commissioning

I woke up feeling cheerful this morning ... then I spent a few hours with God, pouring my heart out to Him. Like David in the psalms, I finished with praise, but was still feeling a bit down and demoralized. Looking forward to heaven, but not so much to the more short-term future and what it holds.

I know depression is a pretty common symptom of MS, so I found myself even wondering if I was experiencing some of that.

Then I read Jenny Hope's blog, and someone who'd commented on her blog had copy and pasted the commissioning that Beth Moore read for those of us who attended the Living Proof Live event in Columbia. It really spoke to my heart, so I'd like to share it with you all here:

Count it a joy, Dear One
When life gets hard.
God is doing something huge!
He is also proving
That you are NOT a fake.
Be brave, Mighty Warrior.
Your God is with you!
When waves are crashing,
Stand to your feet,
Throw your head back
And feel the wind of the Spirit!
God is painting a masterpiece
With multi-colored trials.
Go forth and display
Divine special effects
To the great glory of God.
YOU CAN DO IT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet..i like it. a lot. sorry you are struggling, dear. i wish i could take it for you...but i know God gave it to you bc you and Him together can handle it...for whatever reason. but i get the joy walking beside you through it. i'm thankful for that. :)

Kate said...

I just linked over from a comment that you left on my blog and I LOVE the honesty that I found here.

Christianity is not about putting on a happy face and grinning and bearing our way through the trials of life. The times that I have sensed God's presence the most strongly in my life is right after a good bout of depression or a screaming fit. I know that He is with me when I am at my wit's end but I can't necessarily hear Him over the racket I am making. I think He likes us to be real and is happy to meet us wherever we are.

I am sorry about your illness. I will be praying for you on my morning walks. May God show up in your life in ways that astonish you.

Kate

jennyhope said...

I love that commissioning and I love that we have a huge God that we can spill our hearts out to! He can take it!!

Psalm 62:7-8
7 My salvation and my honor depend on God ;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
Selah

Here is one of my favorite verses re honesty before God:
Lamentations 2:19 Arise, cry out in the night,
as the watches of the night begin;
pour out your heart like water
in the presence of the Lord.
Lift up your hands to him
for the lives of your children,
who faint from hunger
at the head of every street.