Friday, July 27, 2007

Ouch

I started my injections today. And all I have to say is ... OW!!

OK, that's not _all_ I have to say. I am very thankful for:

- God's grace in giving me the strength to stick a needle in my skin. In my case, that's a miracle in itself.
- A kind, personable, patient nurse who trained me in and gave me advice for the future.
- My compassionate husband, who knew just what to say afterwards ... and for the love and tears in his eyes as he held me.

9 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Faith,

Thanks for your encouraging comments on my blog...you're the first person to comment on the alliteration and I worked hard at that;)!

I read through some of your posts and was greatly blessed and encouraged and CHALLENGED to kick this life up to the next level...CLOSER & CLOSER to the KING OF KINGS!

I'm praying for you and looking forward to dropping by your blog again.

Expecting Him,
Amy

jennyhope said...

I am so sorry for what you are going through. Bless you. I am so glad you have a caring husband! :)

lori said...

Faith,
I stopped by today for the first time and I have had to give the shot...for other reasons, but nonetheless, a shot to the thigh...OW!
I will add you to the prayer list, I will stop back. Love the blog!
Peace..and I often repeat...
"No storm can shake my INMOST calm, when to this ROCK I'm clinging."
In Him,
Lori

Kate said...

One of my kids comes close to passing out over needles. I have learned compassion for the fear of needles through his eyes and besides some kinds of shots really hurt. I'll be praying for you on my walk around the neighborhood.

Kate

Darla said...

Princess Faith, love you love you love you!! keeping you in my thoughts, and prayers...even when i can't see it..i know that God is always good. Princess to Princess!

Kate said...

I walked and prayed but after a while I just was rejoicing at the compassion and tenderness of your husband. You are blessed. I'm praying for him as well.

Kate

Little Steps Of Faith said...

Faith,

Something that is so awesome about you, is at the hardest times in your life its like you just come on over to another siestas blog and BAM be Miss Encouragement...I love your comments:)

Something interesting, God showed me some people in my life, and with each one He showed me a different name for, like HOPE, FAITH you know things like that, but the most awesome thing was the names He gave them, were the hardest things to keep!

I just thought that was pretty awesome, keep on stopping by, and keep writing and keep updating..I love hearing about your EXTREME faith:)

Angie

Kate said...

I have a dear dear friend (well a few) with MS. One in particular who improved DRAMATICALLY just by holding to a strict diet. I visited over the weekend and just want to cry. She had some set backs this past month with members of her family dying in such odd ways and is not dealing well. She went off her diet and has gained back many of the issues she had before and worse. I'm not saying this to bring you down or anything...quite contrary. I am positive that the Lord will take COMPLETE care of you when you listen to what He wants for you...and it sounds like you are. I am just seeking prayer for my friend. She has two young children and needs hope again.
I'll be praying for you as well.
Thanks.

Many blessings to ya,
Kate

jennyhope said...

hope you are feeling better~ love jenny