Sisters, I am SO thankful for your comments, your encouragement, your prayers, your compassion. They mean more to me than you know.
I have to admit, it's been a rough week. Well, kind of a roller-coaster week. I'm in the middle of an intensive week-long summer course, so that's included a lot of good stuff but it's also been draining. And then I'm coming home from class every night at bedtime to face the prospect of an injection.
I had a bad experience last night with the injection. Won't go into details, but made it REALLY difficult tonight. I knew I needed DH's moral support this time around, but I felt bad asking cos my class had gone 30 minutes over (!) and I was home late and he really needed to get to bed.
I actually offered to skip the injection tonight, cos I knew I couldn't do it without him but I also knew he needs his sleep. But he said, "That's not gonna happen. You need your medicine, and I'm choosing to stay up and help you with it."
So went through all the preparation steps, got in position, held the injector up to my skin ... Trying to psych myself up to press the button was so hard. I knew I could handle pressing the button, but I was afraid of the moment right after that: I was worried that it would hurt going in and I'd reflexively jerk the device away from my skin (which happened last night), which would be dangerous AND waste expensive meds! And what made it worse is that I was frustrated with myself for being so weak, and for wasting DH's time, and I was sitting there trying to reason with myself and praying and asking God to be my strength and to let His strength be perfected in my weakness.
I would think I was ready, and try to press the button, and then chicken out. So I'd ask DH to do it, but the minute he moved the injector toward me, I would take it away from him and say, "No, I need to do it!" And on and on. He and I would both logically talk me into it, but at the moment of truth, something inside me just screamed, "No!" and I couldn't go through with it.
But I finally did.
And as much as I hated the idea of pressing the button, of having to get daily injections from now till who knows when, of having MS, period ... there was also a part of me saying, "I am NOT going to be defeated by a needle."
And I wasn't.
And afterwards, I snuggled up with DH (ice pack against the injection site) and he just held me. And said silly things, trying to make me laugh.
I have to admit, I don't understand yet what's going on inside me.
And that frustrates me. I want to understand, to overcome, to experience that sufficient strength and grace overcoming my weakness. It's embarrassing to be so needlephobic.
It's also embarrassing to write the way I do on this blog, unedited ... yet in this season I feel the need to just get it out. Uncensored. Raw and real. And let God do with it what He will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Princess Faith
I love your unedited, and very real posts! Honestly, we all are encouraged by it. I have been learning how very real the Lord is in the fact that when I am very weak, HE is soooo very strong. I think it maybe exactly where we are supposed to be...leaning on HIM with everything we are! love you Princess! Will say an exra prayer for you in the evening, Princess to Princess
Hi Faith. I found you through sweet Darla's blog. I hate that you have to go through this. I love that you are so open and honest and 'unedited'. I am adding you to my daily prayers. For endurance, peace,faith and healing and strength to continue pressing the button every single time.
Blessings.
You are so precious to me. I am going to be praying for you. I do completely understand what you are going through! I have walk a very similar path. I suffered for 7 years spiraling downhill for most of that time. Oh but the closer it drew me to God and my husband. I am tearing up thinking about your man. He reminds me of mine. These times you really see what they are made of and how much they really do love you. You two are one and you are in this together.
If I can do ANYTHING please let me know. I understand also about the unedited stuff all too well. I am asking God for complete healing. I also know first hand He can do it. Praying He shows you everything He wants you to see through this.
Much love,
Angela
Faith,
Those of us who are reading appreciate and understand the unedited words, as does the Lord..HE can handle it all..HE has been there...Continue to be honest, it will free your soul. You are blessed to be married to a vessel for Christ. I believe and pray that you will have patience, peace and healing that come only from HIM...In my prayers,
Lori
i love you raw and unedited. i love that you shared it. i love you! i'm so sorry, mon amie, that you have to go through this and you have to face this fear (and pain), but i am sooo thankful that you have DH there to support you and love you through it. God is good...and He knew what He was doing!! :) it made my heart hurt to read your entry, but smiled bc i know how much you are loved...even if i'm not there to love on you, too! :)
Hi Faith,
I LOVE the undited aspect of your posts. It's time for Christians to GET REAL with eachother...we need to take off the "Happy Christian" masks and let the hurting world know what makes a difference in the lives of hurting Christians...Christ in us...His GRACE...The resurrection power...The sweet Holy Spirit...the strength of Father God...and the Truth about living this life from our brothers and sisters!
I'm praying for you and I love you...more and more every time I read your posts!
Amy P.
(We could agree to help eachother out of of our obsessions...yours with parentheses and mine with ellipses...! :) )
Post a Comment