Friday, August 17, 2007

So much to write, so little time ...

There are a number of posts percolating in my brain; we'll see how long it takes them to reach the screen. I only have time to write a quick one now, unfortunately.

The injections have continued to be a real trial. The site reactions seem to be getting worse, not better. I've found some online MS forums and it's been really helpful to read posts from people dealing with the same things, and get tips on how to minimize the pain and discomfort caused by the injections. Having my friend here from overseas was great; she came up with some fun, creative ways to make injection time easier. My personal favorite was her sitting with her finger poised over the play button on the DVD remote; as soon as I pushed the button on my injection device, she would push "play" so we could watch our movie or TV episode. :)

There's a lot going on now in our lives besides the injections, too. My husband just graduated from seminary. I'm about to start fall semester and my internship. We are still looking at the plans we'd been making for the future, wondering how they should change, seeking to discern God's leading. I'm also struggling with a major project I need to get done in the next two weeks. It requires cooperation from professionals in my field, but all my leads have been drying up. I'd appreciate prayer about all these issues!

God's also been ministering to my heart, speaking to me about a few things that, as I mentioned, are percolating. That will have to wait for the next post! In the meantime, thanks again to whoever's reading for your support, love and prayer. And thanks for putting up with my sporadic blog-reading and posting lately! Sorry I haven't stayed caught up on y'all's blogs but lifeis getting back to normal so I am finally catching up again! I am always blessed by your blogs and your comments.

8 comments:

jennyhope said...

I was coming over to your blog tonight to tell you how much I have had you on my heart. My heart aches for all that you have been going through. Please know that I am lifting you up in prayer even though we have never met. Is your MS progressive? Are the injections for pain?

jennyhope said...

I have a friend who has progressive and it breaks my heart. she says there is a lot of research going on for it and that they may have a cure in the next decade. that would be so wonderful! I have no idea about MS attacks. I am going to look that up.

Darla said...

Been checking in on you, and I am reading, and praying for you. God has made you very dear to my heart. Love you Princess!

Tam said...

I've been trying to find somewhere on your blog when you were diagnosed with MS. ??? You seem like a very strong woman - and a strong woman of faith. Yes, I am praying for you now sister!

Tam said...

I found you on Jenny Hopes blog. I love Jenny - i visit her daily!

Sorry about your diagnosis. I was diagnosed the SLE Lupus 2 years ago. It's been quite a ride since then. They think I've had it for much much longer than that, and I agree.

What are your symptoms Faith? And I love your name! What do the docs say? I can definitely partner in prayer with you through his journey.

Happy Anniversary...a little late =)

Glad to have found you. And I agree, it is awesome having this extended group/family through blogging that we can bounce things off of and share with.

Lord Bless you richly!

Susan said...

Hi Faith. So happy to see a post from you and thank you for heading over to my blog, too!

I've missed your posts. You are in my prayers and on my heart daily.

Blessings and hugs...

Little Steps Of Faith said...

Aww...Faith you are my girl:)
One of my favorite blog siestas, I think your name is what gets me, its is so awesome how God blessed you with such a name, don't you think?
Thanks for ur sweet comments.
U r loved.
Be Blessed:)

Angelina

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just wanted you to know you are in our prayers. I pray for healing and peace that passes understanding...remember you're His favorite!!! Loves!