Friday, August 3, 2007

I just had a thought

As I reread my needlephobia post and the encouraging comments several of you left about our weakness and God's strength ...

Maybe my "thorn in the flesh" is the needle in my flesh.
God has granted me a strangely literal experience of that concept, perhaps to make sure I made the connection! I plead with Him to take it away, and He says to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses.
For when I am weak, then I am strong.

9 comments:

Darla said...

HIS strength is showing in your weakness..I can see it all the way in PA! love ya Princess, and lifting you up!

Little Steps Of Faith said...

Ya know, I wrote that verse in PEN on my white wall in my bedroom.:)

It is a very dear verse, and the truth could never come quicker to us than just merely reading:)

I wanted to see how you were and I am adding you to my site blog list.

You are dear to my heart, and I hope you have felt good today:)

Angie

God's girl said...

Great perspective! Lifting prayers for you!

Much love,
Angela

Susan said...

Hi Faith. Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you and sending hugs.

Claire Nance said...

Dear Faith,
I posted verses about overcoming fear and anxiety on my blog and have used them not only to conquer panic disorder but also to calm myself when faced with something I'd rather not do--like have a bone scan (I'm claustrophobic). I pray these verses and I am stronger and calmer. I'm not trying to preach here. Just relaying my experience. It is very hard to face a phobia,(I was locked in a toy chest as a child) but with Christ in my heart and His Word on my mind, I was able to lie still with my eyes closed and do the bone scan with the nurse not even knowing I was claustrophobic. God is faithful to His Word.

Jesus Girl said...

Girl, I'm all about the needle hatin' thang! I've been an insulin-dependant diabetic since I was seven--I can tell you, it ain't easy puncturing yourself all the time.

I truly feel your pain, but, as you know, God will get you through--may hurt--alot sometimes--but He will get you through. He is faithful.

Darla said...

hey checking on you..haven't heard or seen a post lately. Lifting you in prayer, princess to princess

Susan said...

Hi Faith. Just checkin' in on you...missing your posts!

Kate said...

Hey Faith.

I've been thinking of you. Wondering how you're doing.

Kate