Saturday, August 11, 2007

Living with the end in sight

Thanks so much to those of you who have left comments to check up on me. It's humbling and heart-warming to realize that women I've never met in person care about me!

I am alive and well. :) Life's been a little crazy lately, but in a good way. I finished my second intensive summer course on Saturday, went away with DH for our first anniversary Sunday-Monday, then on Tuesday my best friend arrived from overseas to visit for a week. It's been such a blessing having that sweet sister here, hanging out with her and DH--two of my favorite people. And also having her moral support along with my husband's for the dreaded injections! Those do continue to be a struggle and still more painful than I'd expected, so your continued prayers are much appreciated!

I'd like to share with you something that has really encouraged me recently. I had to write a loooong autobiographical paper for the class I took last week. The final section was writing my own eulogy--how would I like to be remembered upon my death. That assignment was such an encouragement and so uplifting! I'd encourage each of you to try your hand at it. It helps move us toward "living with the end in sight." This life truly is a mere breath, a passing shadow; what do we want to see when we look back?

I won't copy and paste my whole eulogy here, but writing out my heart's cry--that my life will be a start-to-finish testimony of God's grace and overcoming power--did so bless and encourage my heart, helping me to reframe all that has happened and what is happening now in light of the eternal glory that far outweighs the troubles we experience in this life.

I only slept a few hours last night so I'm not sure if this is making any sense. ;) But those are my thoughts this sleepy, sunny Saturday morning.

4 comments:

Darla said...

You rock! I love the thought of a eulogy...I want mine to read something like this...Jesus could be seen in her, as she grew more like HIM everyday...:) Striving for it...Love ya Princess Faith, keeping you in my prayers, The Lord really puts you on my heart...isn't it awesome how much HE loves us!

Susan said...

Hey Faith! Glad to hear from you :)

I'm glad you are keeping busy. Get some rest! Having special friends come visit is a great thing, isn't it?

Thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers!

Susan

Susan said...

Sorry the link wouldn't work! I couldn't get it to work either. So go here:

http://www.thepreachers-wife.blogspot.com/

and you can access it.

Blessings!

Kate said...

Faith,

Happy Anniversary. I'm still praying about those needles.

I am glad you found encouragement in the eulogy assignment. What a good way to view our lives. With the question..."What do we want it to look like when all is said and done.

You couldn't have said it any better. that my life will be a start-to-finish testimony of God's grace and overcoming power.

Kate