Thursday, August 2, 2007

A more light-hearted post

Waiting for DH to finish booking a hotel room for our anniversary get away and then we'll go upstairs and do tonight's injection. Thanks SO much for your prayers, support and caring. OK I know I said that already but thank you again. :)

I got "tagged" by stopping by Susan's blog and thought this might be a nice change of pace for my blog:

5 things I want to do before I die:
1) Live out God's purposes for me (so original, I know ...)
2) Visit every continent (3 down, 4 to go!)
3) Have kids--at least one boy and one girl (who grow up knowing and loving Jesus!)
4) Recover from my addiction to parentheses
5) Get a full-length book published. Probably a novel but maybe nonfiction.

5 things I can do:
1) Touch my nose with my tongue
2) Make amazing banana bread
3) Cuddle
4) Draw people out so I can hear their stories and share Christ's love with them in the midst of that story
5) Type fast =)

5 things I cannot do:
1) Find my way out of a paper bag--seriously, worst sense of direction in the world
2) Play sports, especially anything involving a ball, puck, or other flying object
3) Run fast
4) Eat mayonnaise
5) Live without Christ

5 things that make My Man attractive to me:
1) He's let Christ mold and refine him through some really rough trials into a man after God's own heart
2) His servant leadership
3) His combination of "tough" and "tender"
4) He has the most beautiful eyes--they remind me of the Caribbean in their sun-dappled blue brilliance
5) He is an amazing cook, listener, athlete, counselor, Scrabble player, discipler ... he is so good at everything he puts his hand to!

5 celebrities I crush on:
N/A. Even as a kid, I never really crushed on celebrities. But five I really admire are:
1) Beth Moore
2) Elisabeth Elliott
3) Billy Graham
4) Joni Erickson (sp?) Tada
5) Hudson Taylor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're cute. :) you are good at SOO many things. seriously, between the two of you, i don't know that there is anything that can't be done!! ;) you don't have go-go gadget arms do you? i miss your hugs already!

Kate said...

I am with you on the mayonnaise. One of my kids is impressed that you can touch your nose with your tongue. I admire the same people that you do. I love how you answered that question.

Kate