Monday, July 16, 2007

Praising Him (follow-up to SOS)

Siestas, thank You so much for praying for me last week. God really did work through that week, and through the brothers and sisters I spent the week with. He brought healing and grace to all of our hearts, and we had an awesome experience of being loved, listened to, and accepted in true community. God is SO good. It was truly what I needed.

There is more He's been speaking to me about lately--about being an overcomer, about obeying without knowing where we're going--that I'll write more about as soon as I get the time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can hardly stand the wait until you get more time...can't wait to hear it!

jennyhope said...

thank you for your sweet comments. I know you are going through so much your self and I am glad you had a good time away! I am going to say a prayer for you right now!! Much love!

Darla said...

I am also on that road learning to be an overcomer, and being more aware of the things I need to overcome, in the name of Jesus. So far all answers are the same for me...higher sanctification, trust HIM totally, and keep my eye on HIM, follow with obedience. Sounds easy enough, but the world throws lots of curve balls, and I do not always see them coming, nor do I always hit a home run for the Kingdom.
Growing in being an overcomer with you!

Little Steps Of Faith said...

Thanks for your comment Faith, and if that is your real name, HOW PERFECT IT IS!
I know you have really hard days, but you are right you can overcome, PHIL 4:13 sister!
" I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST!"

It isn't just a word girl, it is some life application.

My mom has Chrons disease, and she wasn't expected to live passed 40, due to the severity, but she will be celebrating her 50th birthdauy in October.

There is nothing that women hasn't tried to do.
deli manager, bus driver, cable operator, phone operator, garden club vice president, beautification commitee, and believe it or not she even tried volunteer fire fighting lol!
When I was a child she worked two jobs, because my dad wouldn't even share his paycheck....anyways.

You tell her she is sick, and she'll just laugh.

She does have to pop some painkillers with her regular medicine, but I tell you she is a living example of what it means to overcome, and YOU will too!!!

Be Blessed my Siesta, hope that encouraged you:)

Angie