Monday, July 2, 2007

Hmm

I've come close to posting several times this week.
And each post would have been so different from the previous one.
I've been on a bit of an emotional roller coaster this week, as some of the losses I've experienced and uncertainties in the future hit me at a deeper level. I've had moments of such despair, and moments of such blessing as our Lord--and my husband, and several different sisters--have tenderly loved on me.
It does so make it hard to answer the question, "How are you doing?"

... Right now the struggle is, I think, to keep that eternal perspective in mind, and to praise God in all things ... yet without denying the emotions and grieving the losses. It's something I'm working through now at a deeper level. And I keep being reminded of the verse, "Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why do you despair within me? Hope in God, for He will make me smile again--the help of my countenance and my God." (So I mixed together two different versions of the Bible there, but that's how it always strikes me the most!)

And I'd like to post a shout-out to any Siestas out there who have dropped by from the LPM blog. I got comments from two of you in response to my last post, and that so touched my heart!

2 comments:

Darla said...

Princess Faith, I've been reading your blog,and not sure what to write sometimes..Just know what it is like to lose someone close and someone I love. I also know that only Jesus can heal us. But the most awesome reward comes from the healing time..more closeness to HIM! Siesta 2 siesta, Princess darla

Darla said...

back again...new day and just wondering how you are, and just wanting you to know that I am reading...keeping you in my prayers..this is the great adventure, sometimes just harder than other times...love ya, Princess to princess